A body detox not only helps to heal the body but the skin and mind as well. Sometimes our bodies need a break and our digestive system needs time to heal and a detox is a great way to do that. To be able to complete a detox we need to focus more on the benefits and the foods we get to eat rather than the foods we are depriving ourselves of. By trying this 7-day detox, you can get a feel of how turning to a healthy lifestyle can make your body feel. You can decide to keep practicing some of these habits if you wish, however make sure you are taking in enough calories for you body type and not over exercising. Be sure to never fall into the extreme side, don’t deprive your body.
So here are some of the benefits of this detox:
- Removes toxins from the body
- Improves skin health and mental well-being
- Heals the gut and improves digestion
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces feeling of tiredness
Foods and Drinks That Aid in Detox:
- Lemon water with mint
- Green Tea
- Chia seeds
- Citrus fruits
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
Foods To Avoid:
- Sugar/ soft drinks
- Any processed foods
- Reduce coffee intake
- Red Meat
- Any sauces
- Unhealthy oils (opt for olive, coconut, and avocado)
HABITS for this week:
- Exercise everyday for this week- mild exercising as you may be reducing your calorie intake.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day- dehydration is a major cause of sluggishness.
- Try some mindful reading, anything from a self care book to daily sayings.
- Obtain at least 7-8hrs of sleep– to let your mind and body recuperate.
- Avoid eating carbohydrates after 6pm- your body won’t be using up the energy at night and it will be stored as fat..
- Wake up early everyday- to stimulate your brain and get a head start on your day.
- Have either lemon water, green tea or any unsweetened herbal tea.
- Organize your life- be it your work space, closet or schedule, it’s time to start picking up the pieces. It will help clear you mind and you’ll be able to focus more on yourself.
- Kill the stress– do something that relaxes you; it can be working out, painting, hanging out with friends or enjoying some alone time. Dedicate this week to yourself.
- Journaling– write down anything you like into a journal or diary, you thoughts, emotions, how you feel physically or even your diet plan. There’s something calming about writing that typing just can’t compare with, so give it a try in these 7 days, remember we’re detoxing the mind as well.
After completing the detox week successfully, you should feel an improvement in your skin, mental alertness and physical health. It is your choice if you want to continue the detox for a longer period. I have implemented most of the habits into my lifestyle, however there are some that I struggle with, which is completely fine. You cannot change things overnight, gradually implement these changes with time as you see fit. I hope this has helped you in any way possible, to strive towards a healthier lifestyle, it may not be the easiest process, but it has the best results.
Leave me a comment or follow my blog for more tips. xoxo