This is a new recipe that I’ve created recently and the best part is it’s a no-bake recipe. These bites are a great snack that is gluten free, dairy free and nut free. I’ve struggled to fine a nut free recipe that does not include any complicated ingredients or a food processor, so you’ll find that most of these ingredients are pretty easy to obtain. However, the most important thing is that it is both healthy and tastes amazing!
- 1.2 cup Gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 large banana
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1tbsp chia seed
- Raw cacao powder (optional)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Raisins or chocolate chips (vegan)
- Firstly you are going to cook the flour. Don’t worry, this is fairly easy. All you have to do is cook the flour in a pan on low heat, stirring consistently until it slightly browns.
- Then place the flour in a bowl and add in the cinnamon, cacao powder, chia seed and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the banana until smooth and add in the coconut oil , vanilla and honey. Mix well, getting rid of any lumps.
- Mix in the wet and dry ingredients together. You should have a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough into little balls and then roll them in chia seed or coconut powder. Let them set in the fridge before having them.
This recipe takes about 10-15mins and it is truly worth it. It has healthy fats from the coconut oil and fibre from the chia seeds to help keep you full and similar to my other recipes, you can easily adjust it to your taste. I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try it out and please like and follow for more posts like this one. Xoxo.
One thought on “Healthy Cookie dough Bites”