Every now and then it’s essential to treat your skin and nourish it. Even if you don’t have the time to get a facial professionally done, it’s easy to do them yourself. All you need are a few key steps and products.
- Start with double cleansing– this means using a makeup cleanser, followed by your usual daily cleanser. This is to ensure that you have removed all of the makeup and impurities from your skin.
- Open up those pores!– you can choose to use a facial steamer, steam from hot water or using a hot towel. You want to clean your pores, deep into your skin. This will help to remove any bacteria and excess sebum later on.
- Exfoliate– a crucial step in a facial, however your skin type influences the method of exfoliation. You can choose a physical or chemical exfoliant and since I lean more towards having oily skin, I exfoliate with a physical scrub. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to go for a more refined scrub. Remember to wash your face with warm water after as cold water will close your pores
- Detox mask– the best option would be a clay mask, which helps to extract the impurities from your pores.
- Sheet mask– I like finishing a facial routine with a sheet mask. It can be pore care, hydrating or brightening, depending on how your skin is feeling.
- Eye care– this is optional but an under eye treatment is essential at times. Under eye patches are a quick and fun option to try out and they definitely help with dark circles and fine lines.
- Face Massage– this can be done using your fingers or a massage tool. My favorite is the jade roller. A face massage helps improve circulation, plumping up the skin and fighting against aging. When massaging your face remember to use upward and outward motions, never drag down and don’t forget your neck!
Your emergency skin care kit should have the essentials; sheet masks, cleansed, face scrub, serum, eye cream and moisturizer. You can also add a toner, face sponge/ brush and face mists.
I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful, thank you for reading and please follow for more posts like this! Xoxo.