Cinnamon rolls are a great holiday treat and since it’s often difficult to keep healthy over the holidays, the best solution is to have healthier holiday recipes so that you can still indulge but without guilt. This recipe is both dairy free and gluten free, it does not contain yeast therefore it’s texture is different from traditional cinnamon rolls, but it’s still delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 cup of cornflour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or rice milk
- 1tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and add in the eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Fold the ingredients together and avoid over mixing. When the batter forms a dough, knead the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a piece of parchment paper until it’s about 1/2cm thick. Sprinkle the dough with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Using the parchment paper, start rolling the dough by lifting the paper and folding the dough.
- Cut the rolled dough into 2cm thing rolls and place them together in a baking pan. Make sure the pan is sprayed with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the rolls in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Once golden I like to drizzle them will a dash of dairy free milk to keep them moist. You can also use a glaze with melted coconut butter or thickened coconut cream.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow for more recipes like this. Thank you so much for reading xoxo.