- Water Before Coffee– make sure you drink at least 1 glass of water before having your coffee and after, because coffee is dehydrating. This may also reduce the blow of a caffeine crash. On that note, try to limit the amount of coffee you drink, three cups a day doesn’t give enough time for the caffeine to leave your system, and your sleep cycle might suffer from this.
2. Frequent and small– your meals should be in small portions but regular. 3 big meals a day might not work for everyone, this could cause bloating and increase your stomach size. If you want to shrink you stomach you can take 3 small meals and 2-3 snacks, this will help you feel fuller with less as your stomach size decreases.
3. Fill with greens– this is something I’m still working on, which is filling half of my platewith greens. Veggies and salads contain fibre which helps keep you fuller for longer and has the least amount of calories. I know they probably aren’t that appealing at first but tweaking them up a little makes a big difference.
4. Avoid late night binging – set a time limit for when you want to have a last meal. Your digestive system needs time to rest and it’s best to avoid eating just before bed because you won’t be burning off the calories. 7pm is a good time but you can set a time for yourself
5. Sleep, sleep, sleep– I’m guilty of this one too, but I’ve made some difference. 7-8 hrs, don’t tell me you only need 5 or 6, don’t tell me you’re a superhuman, cause I’m going to give it to you straight. You will crash. Hard. I was there at one point, feeling invisible cause I could run on 4 hrs of sleep and give out better than anyone else. Then it all caught up on me and now I value my sleep like nothing else. Ever wonder why cats have 9 lives, they sleep!!
I hope you all enjoyed this post, please like and leave a comment telling me about your favourite heathy habits. I hope to see you again soon, xoxo.