This is a recipe I made three times in a row until I ran out of bananas. Seriously, it’s that good. As always, this is a dairy free, gluten free recipe and I mean, who doesn’t love banana bread? It’s easy to make and tastes like a slice of heaven, so here’s what you need.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten free flour (any mix will do)
- 3 medium sized bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/4 cup erythritol/stevia blend (or coconut sugar/ monk fruit sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Blueberries or cacao nibs (optional)
1. Mash the bananas with a fork or in a blender until smooth.
2. Add in the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut oil and sugar to the bananas and mix well. (Ingredients should be at room temperature to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying)
3. Mix both flours and fold but to not over mix. Gradually add in the milk, if you want a more dense bread add in less milk, but I prefer mine light so I usually add 3/4 cup, but depending on your choice of gluten free flour you may need to adjust this.
4. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour the batter in. This is optional but you can add slices of banana, blueberries or cacao nibs as a topping.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins at 190ºC, allow the top to brown a little and let it cool before removing. I usually keep mine in the fridge in the same pan and wrapped in the baking paper and I do not slice it beforehand to keep in moist.
I hope you try out this recipe, if you had to pick one, I would definitely recommend this one. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy it and please follow for more recipes like this one, xoxo.