This delicious bread recipe took time to perfect, but it was definitely worth it. Now a basic necessity in my day to day life, I feel like no one should have to give up on bread. Unfortunately, sometimes bread isn’t the best thing for our nutrition or fitness life, which is why I decided on the alternative; a gluten and dairy free option. So here’s how to make it…
First of all it is important that you have the gluten free flour blend; I used a wholefoods’ gluten free all purpose flour which contained rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, chickpea flour and xanthum gum. However any blend of with similar ingredients should work the same.
- 500g flour mix
- 10g yeast/ 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- 2 tbsp sugar or xylitol (I used coconut)
- 365ml milk (I used almond)
- 1tsp vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 60ml olive oil
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast
- Mix together the eggs, milk, vinegar, and oil.
- Fold in the flour, use a mixer on low for a few minutes or until there are no lumps.
- Place the dough in a loaf tin lined with baking paper or oiled and leave it to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Optional: Add any seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia…) on top of your loaf) for extra taste and healthy fats.
- Bake the dough for 40-45 minutes at 220ºC or until a fork comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a rack and store in the fridge before slicing.
I hope you try out this bread recipe, it is one of the easiest ones I have ever tried. Please like and follow for more recipes like this one, thank you for reading, xoxo.