Craving ice cream but not the guilt that comes with? This recipe is definitely for you. ‘Nice’ cream is a great low calorie, vegan option that takes little time to make. The best part is you can adapt this recipe to your taste so that you don’t even taste the banana.
- 1 cup Frozen Banana (I used sliced ripe bananas)
- 1-2 tbsp plant-based milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- liquid stevia or agave syrup
- Using a powerful Blender (I used a Nutribullet) blend the frozen banana until smooth. Add 1-2tbsp of almond milk to ease the process and pulse it at first.
- Once smooth, add any spices, flavourings and cacao nibs and blend further. The cacao nibs reinforce that chocolate flavour.
- Spoon the Nice cream into a bowl and top with granola and fruits or any nuts and seeds of your choice.
Other good flavour combos are Acai and frozen blueberries, coffee and cacao nibs, strawberries and coconut flakes. I hope you try out this recipe and let me know how it goes. This is great for dessert or even for breakfast! Thank you for reading and please like and follow for more delicious recipes, xoxo.