I have become obsessed with this recipe because it’s the quickest cake recipe ever and it definitely satisfies my sweet tooth. If you find yourself binge eating your batch of cupcakes or eating the whole cake, perhaps a one-serving recipe is the best option for you. There are some days where you’re just craving a dessert or cake but you’re worried about your goals, so one thing to remember is it’s okay to have a little treat once in a while.
The key to having a healthy relationship with food is by eating mindfully, this means if you want something sweet, have a healthy alternative with intention rather than mindlessly binge eating a batch of processed cookies. This way if you set out to indulge, you won’t feel the guilt, you only feel guilty when it’s an impulse.
This mug cake is the perfect indulgence, it’s soft, rich and tastes exactly like a regular chocolate cake, even though it’s gluten and dairy free. You can also make a vanilla version if you’d like. So here’s how to make it…
- 2tbsp corn flour (or any gf flour)
- 2tbsp almond flour
- 1-2tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp coconut sugar (or any alternative)
- 3tbsp almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1tbsp cacao nips (optional)
- In a large mug, mix the flours, baking powder, sugar and cacao powder.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla and plant-based milk until well incorporated.
- Lastly mix in the cacao nibs (you can also use dairy free chocolate chips).
- Place it in the microwave and cook for 1-3 mins (depending on your microwave). Mine usually takes 2 mins and if the top is cooked, then it’s done but you can always double check with a skewer.
- Now you eat your cake straight from the mug!
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know if you try out this recipe and follow and like for more like this one xoxo.