For those times when you’re craving a salty, crunchy snack and you have a can of chickpeas just laying around.
Today’s recipe is a quick one but if you want a quick snack that takes minimal effort then keep reading!
Chickpeas are packed with fibre, protein and several vitamins, which make them filling and the perfect plant-based protein snack. I love including them in recipes for a vegan protein option and you can even add them to your salads. Chickpeas are a versatile ingredient and can be used in a number of recipes. When it comes to chickpea snacks however, it’s best to make your own at home. Store-bought snacks can contain a number of unnecessary ingredients so it’s best to avoid the processed kind. The best part is that you can make any flavour combinations you want depending on which spices you use to make this chickpea recipe your own.
Nutrition facts (1 Cup chickpeas)
- Calories: 210
- Protein: 10.7g
- Carbs: 35g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Fibre: 9.6g
- Sodium: 322mg
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Wash your chickpeas well and dry with a kitchen towel. I like to remove the skin to get the extra crispy.
- Drizzle in your olive oil, (avocado oil is also an option) and add in your seasonings.
- Stir until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150ºC for about 1hr. Check on them and stir regularly to ensure they do not burn. Once they harden and turn golden brown they’re done.
- You can store them in an airtight container for about 3-4 days.