No bake energy bites or snacks are probably one of my favourites recipes out there, they’re quick and easy to make and you can change their flavour combinations every time. You can also make these almond energy balls ahead of time and store for a quick snack. Most recipes I’ve found contain dates, peanuts or cashews and require a blender or food processor. So I decided to make my own version of no bake bites, using almonds and coconut, that tastes like actual cookie dough! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a spatula to stir, here is how you can make them.
- 1 cup Almond flour – I like to use almond flour because it doesn’t require any baking. But if you don’t have almond flour you can also use gluten free fine oats or rolled oats (you can also toast them if you don’t like the taste of raw oats).
- 1/4 cup almond butter or any nut butter – this helps combine the ingredients and adds a great nutty flavour.
- 2 tbsp honey – for some sweetness and to help the ingredients stick together. You can choose any liquid sweetener you like.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds- for more fibre and honestly I just really like chia seeds.
- 1-2 tbsp plant-based milk – depending on how dry you dough is you might need to add a few tablespoons of milk. If the texture is too crumbly try adding a tablespoon of plant-based milk (I used almond milk).
- Optional: 1/4 chocolate chips or raisins or any toppings you’d like.
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut – to coat the energy balls.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, chia seeds, cinnamon and toppings.
- Add in your liquid ingredients; almond butter, honey, and vanilla and combine until you form a dough.
- If the texture is too dry or crumbly add in a tablespoon of milk.
- Refrigerated for 5-10 mins before scooping and rolling into balls. I usually wet my hands for this step to prevent the mixture from sticking to my hands.
- In a plate, sprinkle some shredded coconut and coat each energy ball.
- You can store these energy bites in the fridge for up to two weeks.
There you have it! Easy, no-bake almond, coconut bites. If you want to try different flavours some of my favourites are double chocolate (simply add a tablespoon of cacao powder to the recipe) and coffee (add a teaspoon of instant coffee to your milk). Feel free to mix up the flavours and let me know your favourites down in the comments. I hope you enjoyed this recipe and please like and follow for more, thank you for reading, xoxo.
More recipes like this one…
Best Almond chocolate oat cookies (find the recipe here)
Easy Vegan Snack bars (find the recipe here)
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites (find the recipe here)
One thought on “No Bake Almond Bites (GF, DF)”