A quick and easy breakfast idea that you can make the night before. This is my go to, as it saves time and is super delicious! I love it because it is filling and the best part is there’s no cooking! You can adjust the recipe to your taste, here are the basic ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats (I use gluten free oats)
- Yogurt or milk (any type you prefer; normal, rice or any nut milk)
- Chia seeds
Benefits: Oats are very nutritious as they are a good source of carbs and fibre , they are a healthy breakfast choice for weight loss and they are full of antioxidants.
Chia seeds are also high in fibre and antioxidants and they are great for your digestive health. They also boost your energy and metabolism, contributing to weight loss.
Plus toppings are a great way to sneak fruits into your diet!
Vanilla, blueberry and cinnamon oats:
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk (I prefer unsweetened rice milk)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- Your choice of sweetener (I prefer to add raisins)
Directions: Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Chocolate and banana oats
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- Your choice of sweetener
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
Directions: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. Top it with sliced bananas and enjoy!
You can literally garnish your overnight oats with anything you want; nuts, coconut flakes, berries or any fruit of choice. Have fun with it and create your own version! I hope you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and like. Xoxo.
- Cleanse day and night use a gentle face cleanser to get rid of any bacteria, oil and dead skin cells, removing impurities and giving the skin a fresher look.
- Use sunscreen everyday even when you are in the house, as the sun’s harmful UV rays can still penetrate the skin. Therefore, be sure your skin is always protected.
- Use moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and has anti-ageing benefits. If you have oily or combination skin make sure your moisturizer oil free.
- Use homemade masks sometimes the key to healthy skin is right in your kitchen. DIY masks are 100% natural and have effective healing benefits for the skin.
- Avoid touching your face throughout the day we touch our face unconsciously, getting bacteria onto our skin. It’s important to keep our hands clean and to avoid picking at our skin.
- Clean your makeup brushes and beauty blenders it is important to do so every two or three weeks, as bacteria builds up into our brushes. Using unclean brushes deposits dirt and oil onto our skin and into our makeup as well, causing our skin to breakout.
- Tea Tree Oil on pimples that won’t go away. Just use a q-tip or a cotton swab to apply the tea tree oil to your breakouts, dip the q-tip into water before adding the oil to dilute it, as it is concentrated.
- Go for makeup free days sometimes it’s good to let your skin breathe, so avoid wearing a full face of makeup every single day. Layers of foundation and concealer can clog the pores and can worsen breakouts. In the long run it can cause your skin to age faster, so opt for a natural look on some days.
- Exfoliating the skin to get rid of dead skin cells that make the skin dry and rough and lead to excess oil and clogged pores. Exfoliating makes the skin look healthier and more plump, as it allows us to absorb moisturizing products more deeply into our skin. You can use physical exfoliants like a sugar scrub, a face sponge or brush or a chemical peel. If you have sensitive skin go for a more natural exfoliant. Avoid exfoliating areas with breakouts.
- Avoid triggering factors sometimes certain foods can lead to breakouts. For example, I breakout when I consume dairy products, so try to observe if anything triggers your skin.
Hope this list has helped you, please leave a comment and like. Follow my blog for more skin care tips to come. Xoxo.
Here are some habits and tips to help you lead a healthier life. I’ve learned these myself and though I’ve struggled with a few, I can say they definitely have a positive effect on the mind and body.
- Drink lemon water this is before you have breakfast. It helps to regulate blood sugar levels, it aids in digestion, removes toxins from the body, improve skin condition and it promotes weight loss.
- Get more sleep I’m sure you’ve heard it before and it’s the most difficult one for me. However, little sleep actually leads to weight gain, it’s detrimental to our health and it causes dark circles and bags under our eyes, so make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink green tea this also regulates blood sugar levels and helps with weight loss. Drinking up to 3 cups burns around 70 calories. You can drink a cup after every meal to help you lose weight.
- Add fruit to at least one of your meals this also helps to lose weight and boost your metabolism. I usually add fruit to my breakfast or dinner. You will feel more energized throughout the day.
- Getting more fresh air it helps strengthen your immune system, helps you feel more peaceful and can make you happier. Try going out for a walk away from the busy city, where there is more greenery or maybe you can go to the beach.
- Taking up new hobbies this helps to reduces stress and takes your mind away from any negative thoughts. It also gives you an opportunity to express yourself. You can try learning an instrument, reading, art, a sport activity, cooking or dancing. There are so many possibilities and you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for cooking. It is high in antioxidants and is a healthy fat, therefore it does not cause weight gain.
- Regular exercise this is an obvious tip, but sometimes it is hard to keep up with. The key is finding the best activity for you, the one you enjoy the most. I really enjoy Pilates, you can also try swimming, working out at the gym or a new sport. It’s important to have a workout schedule and to dedicate time to working towards a healthy body.
- Incorporating more vegetables into your meals this is an important step to achieving a healthy balanced diet. When having a meal, make sure at least half of your plate is filled with vegetables.
- Purge all junk food and sugary drinks from your home this may be hard to come to terms with, but bags of chips and soft drinks aren’t doing you any favors. They actually slow down your metabolism and hinder weight loss. Don’t worry you won’t go hungry, there are many alternatives to unhealthy snacks and I will share my favorites in my other posts.
I hope these tips helped you and know that there is much more to come. Please leave a comment and follow for more posts. Xoxo.
This is the post excerpt.
This is my first blog and I’m excited to interact and share my tips and ideas with you, but here’s a little bit more about me. I live in the Seychelles, a group of islands in the Indian Ocean. I was born in Mauritius, but moved here at a very young age.I am eighteen years old and I am also home schooled.
I’ve always been passionate about writing and I thought starting a blog would allow me to express that, as well as help others. My hobbies are cooking, writing and art. My true addiction is reading, I love fantasy, romance and paranormal genres, honestly I couldn’t live without my books.
I also love learning about self care and I always find new ways to keep myself busy. I write poems and short stories, but unfortunately I haven’t published those yet.
I hope to post regularly and hear from all of you. Please like and follow my blog. Xoxo