This delicious bread recipe took time to perfect, but it was definitely worth it. Now a basic necessity in my day to day life, I feel like no one should have to give up on bread. Unfortunately, sometimes bread isn’t the best thing for our nutrition or fitness life, which is why I decided on the alternative; a gluten and dairy free option. So here’s how to make it…
First of all it is important that you have the gluten free flour blend; I used a wholefoods’ gluten free all purpose flour which contained rice flour, potato flour, tapioca flour, chickpea flour and xanthum gum. However any blend of with similar ingredients should work the same.
500g flour mix
10g yeast/ 2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (I used pink Himalayan)
2 tbsp sugar or xylitol (I used coconut)
365ml milk (I used almond)
60ml olive oil
Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast
Mix together the eggs, milk, vinegar, and oil.
Fold in the flour, use a mixer on low for a few minutes or until there are no lumps.
Place the dough in a loaf tin lined with baking paper or oiled and leave it to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
Optional: Add any seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia…) on top of your loaf) for extra taste and healthy fats.
Bake the dough for 40-45 minutes at 220ºC or until a fork comes out clean.
Leave to cool on a rack and store in the fridge before slicing.
I hope you try out this bread recipe, it is one of the easiest ones I have ever tried. Please like and follow for more recipes like this one, thank you for reading, xoxo.
This is a recipe I made three times in a row until I ran out of bananas. Seriously, it’s that good. As always, this is a dairy free, gluten free recipe and I mean, who doesn’t love banana bread? It’s easy to make and tastes like a slice of heaven, so here’s what you need.
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten free flour (any mix will do)
3 medium sized bananas
1/2 – 3/4 cup almond milk (or any milk)
1/4 cup erythritol/stevia blend (or coconut sugar/ monk fruit sweetener)
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
Blueberries or cacao nibs (optional)
1. Mash the bananas with a fork or in a blender until smooth.
2. Add in the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut oil and sugar to the bananas and mix well. (Ingredients should be at room temperature to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying)
3. Mix both flours and fold but to not over mix. Gradually add in the milk, if you want a more dense bread add in less milk, but I prefer mine light so I usually add 3/4 cup, but depending on your choice of gluten free flour you may need to adjust this.
4. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour the batter in. This is optional but you can add slices of banana, blueberries or cacao nibs as a topping.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins at 190ºC, allow the top to brown a little and let it cool before removing. I usually keep mine in the fridge in the same pan and wrapped in the baking paper and I do not slice it beforehand to keep in moist.
I hope you try out this recipe, if you had to pick one, I would definitely recommend this one. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy it and please follow for more recipes like this one, xoxo.