- Plan your weight loss path remember you’re not dieting, if you want to lose weight your lifestyle will have to change. Diets only help you lose water weight which you will eventually gain back. If you’re just starting out it might help to write down the rules you have to follow so that you can keep yourself on track. You can also use apps to put in your current and weight goal.
- Track your calorie intake it’s good to know just how many calories you are consuming, sometimes we may think we are eating something healthy when it’s actually filled with calories that our body doesn’t need. I use an app to track my calorie intake, making sure I only take in the amount needed for me to lose weight.
- Try Pilates this is a great way to work out and there are tons of videos online that can help you learn.
- Change up your workout routine don’t let your body get used to the workout, you need to challenge yourself so that you can lose weight faster but at a healthy rate.
- Set an alarm if you have trouble gathering courage to go workout then set an alarm to keep you in check. Use a loud alarm song and a funny message to help you get up.
- Establish the why if you want to lose weight only to look good you won’t get that far, you should do it to feel good and be healthy as well. Set a goal in your mind and have a visual to motivate you.
- Reduce stress I’m sure you’ve heard of it before, but stress promotes weight gain as it leads to stress eating. We’ve all done it before, go on a binge eating craze and find ourselves at the bottom of an ice cream tub. So find ways to relax, I usually go outside for some quiet time to read or think, it helps me to center myself.
- Don’t skip breakfast when you skip breakfast you will find yourself hungry throughout the day. However, everyone’s body is different and I know some people just can’t stomach breakfast, so find what’s best for you.
- Eat slowly eating fast will lead to getting hungry faster and taking your time to eat your food consciously will keep you full for longer. Now I’m not saying chew your food 100 times before swallowing, but be more aware of what you’re eating.
- Eat in smaller plates or bowls this will control portion sizes and trick your mind into thinking you’re eating more.
- Cheat meal I have a cheat meal once per week, this lets you reward yourself and prevents you from feeling deprived or depressed. But keep in mind that when having your cheat meal that you should control the other things you eat that day and that you don’t skip your workout routine.
- Workout breaks working out every single day is sometimes frustrating so I usually take Fridays and Saturdays off. This also helps your body to rest and it gives you a reason not to give up on other days, as you know you already have a break coming up.
- Get rid of all junk food and drinks I’ve said this before, if you’re hungry you’ll more likely reach for the unhealthy snack, so if there aren’t any you’ll reach for something healthier. If your housemates have junk food in the house, get them to hide it away from you and try your best to resist temptation. Feel free to remove pizza delivery service off of your speed dial too.
- Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry you’re more likely to find yourself in the junk food aisle. If you go grocery shopping when you’re hungry, you’ll want to buy something you can eat in the car and in the end one just isn’t enough.
- Purge your feed after getting rid of junk food from your home, get rid of unhealthy foods from your Instagram feed. You know what I mean, those food accounts that have you drooling on cookies, cakes and ice cream videos. They’ll make you feel hungry and you’ll crave it.
- Are you really hungry? If you are then you should eat before you’re starving and refuse to put anything healthy into your mouth. However, sometimes you’re not really hungry, you may be just bored or even thirsty, so eliminate those possibilities to prevent yourself from overeating.
I hope these tips help you in achieving your goal, please leave a comment and like. Follow for more weight loss hacks. Xoxo
A quick and easy breakfast idea that you can make the night before. This is my go to, as it saves time and is super delicious! I love it because it is filling and the best part is there’s no cooking! You can adjust the recipe to your taste, here are the basic ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats (I use gluten free oats)
- Yogurt or milk (any type you prefer; normal, rice or any nut milk)
- Chia seeds
Benefits: Oats are very nutritious as they are a good source of carbs and fibre , they are a healthy breakfast choice for weight loss and they are full of antioxidants.
Chia seeds are also high in fibre and antioxidants and they are great for your digestive health. They also boost your energy and metabolism, contributing to weight loss.
Plus toppings are a great way to sneak fruits into your diet!
Vanilla, blueberry and cinnamon oats:
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk (I prefer unsweetened rice milk)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- Your choice of sweetener (I prefer to add raisins)
Directions: Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Chocolate and banana oats
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- Your choice of sweetener
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
Directions: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. Top it with sliced bananas and enjoy!
You can literally garnish your overnight oats with anything you want; nuts, coconut flakes, berries or any fruit of choice. Have fun with it and create your own version! I hope you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and like. Xoxo.
Here are some habits and tips to help you lead a healthier life. I’ve learned these myself and though I’ve struggled with a few, I can say they definitely have a positive effect on the mind and body.
- Drink lemon water this is before you have breakfast. It helps to regulate blood sugar levels, it aids in digestion, removes toxins from the body, improve skin condition and it promotes weight loss.
- Get more sleep I’m sure you’ve heard it before and it’s the most difficult one for me. However, little sleep actually leads to weight gain, it’s detrimental to our health and it causes dark circles and bags under our eyes, so make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink green tea this also regulates blood sugar levels and helps with weight loss. Drinking up to 3 cups burns around 70 calories. You can drink a cup after every meal to help you lose weight.
- Add fruit to at least one of your meals this also helps to lose weight and boost your metabolism. I usually add fruit to my breakfast or dinner. You will feel more energized throughout the day.
- Getting more fresh air it helps strengthen your immune system, helps you feel more peaceful and can make you happier. Try going out for a walk away from the busy city, where there is more greenery or maybe you can go to the beach.
- Taking up new hobbies this helps to reduces stress and takes your mind away from any negative thoughts. It also gives you an opportunity to express yourself. You can try learning an instrument, reading, art, a sport activity, cooking or dancing. There are so many possibilities and you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for cooking. It is high in antioxidants and is a healthy fat, therefore it does not cause weight gain.
- Regular exercise this is an obvious tip, but sometimes it is hard to keep up with. The key is finding the best activity for you, the one you enjoy the most. I really enjoy Pilates, you can also try swimming, working out at the gym or a new sport. It’s important to have a workout schedule and to dedicate time to working towards a healthy body.
- Incorporating more vegetables into your meals this is an important step to achieving a healthy balanced diet. When having a meal, make sure at least half of your plate is filled with vegetables.
- Purge all junk food and sugary drinks from your home this may be hard to come to terms with, but bags of chips and soft drinks aren’t doing you any favors. They actually slow down your metabolism and hinder weight loss. Don’t worry you won’t go hungry, there are many alternatives to unhealthy snacks and I will share my favorites in my other posts.
I hope these tips helped you and know that there is much more to come. Please leave a comment and follow for more posts. Xoxo.