These are seriously some of the best cookies I have ever made. I’ve mentioned before that I am allergic to nuts, but lately I’ve been experimenting with almond milk and I haven’t had any bad reactions to it, so I decided to try almond flour. Best. Decision, Ever.
These cookie are soft, chewy and taste amazing! The great thing is they are gluten free, dairy free and super healthy. Read below to find out how to make them yourself and if some of the ingredients don’t work out for you, don’t worry I have some substitutes.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg (or flaxseed egg)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the egg, coconut oil, and vanilla and fold the ingredients together using a spatula.
- Line a tray with baking paper and use your hands or a spoon to scoop the dough. Tip: the dough will be more sticky and runny that regular dough, so I wet my hands with very little water before rolling and pressing the cookie dough. This prevents it from sticking onto your hands.
- Bake them in the oven at 180ºC for around 10 mins (check on them regularly as they do bake fast).
- Sprinkle them with some more coconut sugar and cinnamon and enjoy.
This is just the base recipe, I have also tried other variations. You can add raw cocoa powder, vegan chocolate chips or dried fruit to make your own version. Another delicious combination would be lemon zest and ginger. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and do let me know if you try them out.
This is a new recipe that I’ve created recently and the best part is it’s a no-bake recipe. These bites are a great snack that is gluten free, dairy free and nut free. I’ve struggled to fine a nut free recipe that does not include any complicated ingredients or a food processor, so you’ll find that most of these ingredients are pretty easy to obtain. However, the most important thing is that it is both healthy and tastes amazing!
- 1.2 cup Gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 large banana
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1tbsp chia seed
- Raw cacao powder (optional)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Raisins or chocolate chips (vegan)
- Firstly you are going to cook the flour. Don’t worry, this is fairly easy. All you have to do is cook the flour in a pan on low heat, stirring consistently until it slightly browns.
- Then place the flour in a bowl and add in the cinnamon, cacao powder, chia seed and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the banana until smooth and add in the coconut oil , vanilla and honey. Mix well, getting rid of any lumps.
- Mix in the wet and dry ingredients together. You should have a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough into little balls and then roll them in chia seed or coconut powder. Let them set in the fridge before having them.
This recipe takes about 10-15mins and it is truly worth it. It has healthy fats from the coconut oil and fibre from the chia seeds to help keep you full and similar to my other recipes, you can easily adjust it to your taste. I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try it out and please like and follow for more posts like this one. Xoxo.