This is a new recipe that I’ve created recently and the best part is it’s a no-bake recipe. These bites are a great snack that is gluten free, dairy free and nut free. I’ve struggled to fine a nut free recipe that does not include any complicated ingredients or a food processor, so you’ll find that most of these ingredients are pretty easy to obtain. However, the most important thing is that it is both healthy and tastes amazing!
- 1.2 cup Gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 large banana
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
- 1tbsp chia seed
- Raw cacao powder (optional)
- Vanilla essence (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Raisins or chocolate chips (vegan)
- Firstly you are going to cook the flour. Don’t worry, this is fairly easy. All you have to do is cook the flour in a pan on low heat, stirring consistently until it slightly browns.
- Then place the flour in a bowl and add in the cinnamon, cacao powder, chia seed and raisins.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the banana until smooth and add in the coconut oil , vanilla and honey. Mix well, getting rid of any lumps.
- Mix in the wet and dry ingredients together. You should have a dough-like consistency.
- Roll the dough into little balls and then roll them in chia seed or coconut powder. Let them set in the fridge before having them.
This recipe takes about 10-15mins and it is truly worth it. It has healthy fats from the coconut oil and fibre from the chia seeds to help keep you full and similar to my other recipes, you can easily adjust it to your taste. I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know if you try it out and please like and follow for more posts like this one. Xoxo.
It’s healthy and it’s dairy, gluten and nut free! A new recipe and a personal favorite of mine. This recipe makes one large cookie or four small cookies, either way you can adjust the recipe to your serving size.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flour (I used neofoods’ gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (depending on which brand you use; some are made with almond milk or soy milk, so make sure to find out)
- Add the egg, coconut oil, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add a pinch of salt and the baking powder and stir again, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or dust it with some flour. Spread out your cookie dough evenly onto the tray. (Tip: wet your hands or spatula to spread out the dough to prevent any sticking).
- Bake for 10-15 mins on 180 degrees Celsius or until slightly golden brown.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Calories: 400 – this may differ depending on which flour and chocolate chips you’re using.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow and like for more posts like this. xoxo
Gluten Free! Dairy Free! Low Calorie!
An quick recipe that you can alter to your preference. I love this recipe because it’s guilt free, delicious and easy to make.
- 2 cups Rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Raisins or Dairy free chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas and fold into the oats. You want your mixture to be thick enough to roll into balls, if it’s crumbling you probably need to add more banana.
- Fold in raisins or chocolate chips. (Optional) add vanilla bean extract or cinnamon to taste.
- Roll out your cookie dough balls and press onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake for about 5 to 10mins at 180°C or until they harden and are slightly browned.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know by liking or sharing this post! xoxo