Cornbread is something I’ve always heard about during thanksgiving. It’s known as a staple in southern American cuisine but I had never tried it before. But the other day, I found a bag of cornmeal lying around and decided to give it a try.
This cornbread recipe is gluten and dairy free. It’s super easy to make and can be sweet or savory. With a crunchy outer crust and a soft and fluffy interior, this recipe is a must try for anyone craving homemade cornbread. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 xylitol
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180°C
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, xylitol, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the eggs, almond milk, and coconut oil.
- Pour the batter in a lined baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins or until a fork or cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut before serving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please like and follow for more quick gluten and dairy free recipes like this one. Thank you for reading, xoxo.