Cinnamon rolls are a great holiday treat and since it’s often difficult to keep healthy over the holidays, the best solution is to have healthier holiday recipes so that you can still indulge but without guilt. This recipe is both dairy free and gluten free, it does not contain yeast therefore it’s texture is different from traditional cinnamon rolls, but it’s still delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 cup of cornflour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or rice milk
- 1tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and add in the eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Fold the ingredients together and avoid over mixing. When the batter forms a dough, knead the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a piece of parchment paper until it’s about 1/2cm thick. Sprinkle the dough with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Using the parchment paper, start rolling the dough by lifting the paper and folding the dough.
- Cut the rolled dough into 2cm thing rolls and place them together in a baking pan. Make sure the pan is sprayed with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the rolls in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Once golden I like to drizzle them will a dash of dairy free milk to keep them moist. You can also use a glaze with melted coconut butter or thickened coconut cream.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow for more recipes like this. Thank you so much for reading xoxo.
It’s healthy and it’s dairy, gluten and nut free! A new recipe and a personal favorite of mine. This recipe makes one large cookie or four small cookies, either way you can adjust the recipe to your serving size.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flour (I used neofoods’ gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (depending on which brand you use; some are made with almond milk or soy milk, so make sure to find out)
- Add the egg, coconut oil, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add a pinch of salt and the baking powder and stir again, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or dust it with some flour. Spread out your cookie dough evenly onto the tray. (Tip: wet your hands or spatula to spread out the dough to prevent any sticking).
- Bake for 10-15 mins on 180 degrees Celsius or until slightly golden brown.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Calories: 400 – this may differ depending on which flour and chocolate chips you’re using.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow and like for more posts like this. xoxo
A quick and simple breakfast idea for when you need a healthy but delicious fix. This is one of my personal faves and it’s gluten and dairy free!
- 1 banana (medium sized)
- 1 egg (whole)
- vanilla extract & cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut oil (100% pure, virgin)
- Mash the banana with a fork or in a blender & (optional) add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add in the egg and mix well, making sure there are no lumps. (Tip: you want a slightly thicker consistency).
- Heat up your pan and brush it with around half a tsp of coconut oil.
- Turn your flame down to low and pour the batter in. ( Tip: it’s better to cook it on a low flame so that it cooks evenly).
- Once finished, you can top it with anything you like; blueberries, strawberries, honey or even coconut flakes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know by giving this post a like and follow for more recipes! Xoxo.
Gluten Free! Dairy Free! Low Calorie!
An quick recipe that you can alter to your preference. I love this recipe because it’s guilt free, delicious and easy to make.
- 2 cups Rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Raisins or Dairy free chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas and fold into the oats. You want your mixture to be thick enough to roll into balls, if it’s crumbling you probably need to add more banana.
- Fold in raisins or chocolate chips. (Optional) add vanilla bean extract or cinnamon to taste.
- Roll out your cookie dough balls and press onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake for about 5 to 10mins at 180°C or until they harden and are slightly browned.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know by liking or sharing this post! xoxo