These lemon bars are literally one of my favorite recipes ever! They are gluten free, dairy free, low carb and guilt free. Lemon and blueberries are a perfect combination in this delicious recipe and I guarantee you won’t want to miss out on this one.
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Zest of two lemons
- Juice of one lemon
- Stevia (to taste)
Step 1: combine the eggs, vanilla, coconut oil, water, and stevia. (Tip: make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature to prevent the coconut oil from solidifying.)
Step 2: add in the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder and mix well.
Step 3: now fold in the blueberries, lemon zest and juice.
Step 4: line a baking tin with baking sheet and spread your batter evenly.
Step 5: bake in the oven for 15-20 mins at 170°C. Put a fork through to check if the bars are fully cooked through.
Step 6: allow them to cool and slice them into bars or squares.
Level : easy
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cooking Time : 15 – 20 mins
Calories : 90
Servings : 9
These are seriously some of the best cookies I have ever made. I’ve mentioned before that I am allergic to nuts, but lately I’ve been experimenting with almond milk and I haven’t had any bad reactions to it, so I decided to try almond flour. Best. Decision, Ever.
These cookie are soft, chewy and taste amazing! The great thing is they are gluten free, dairy free and super healthy. Read below to find out how to make them yourself and if some of the ingredients don’t work out for you, don’t worry I have some substitutes.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg (or flaxseed egg)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the egg, coconut oil, and vanilla and fold the ingredients together using a spatula.
- Line a tray with baking paper and use your hands or a spoon to scoop the dough. Tip: the dough will be more sticky and runny that regular dough, so I wet my hands with very little water before rolling and pressing the cookie dough. This prevents it from sticking onto your hands.
- Bake them in the oven at 180ºC for around 10 mins (check on them regularly as they do bake fast).
- Sprinkle them with some more coconut sugar and cinnamon and enjoy.
This is just the base recipe, I have also tried other variations. You can add raw cocoa powder, vegan chocolate chips or dried fruit to make your own version. Another delicious combination would be lemon zest and ginger. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and do let me know if you try them out.
Cinnamon rolls are a great holiday treat and since it’s often difficult to keep healthy over the holidays, the best solution is to have healthier holiday recipes so that you can still indulge but without guilt. This recipe is both dairy free and gluten free, it does not contain yeast therefore it’s texture is different from traditional cinnamon rolls, but it’s still delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 cup of cornflour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or rice milk
- 1tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and add in the eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Fold the ingredients together and avoid over mixing. When the batter forms a dough, knead the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough out on a piece of parchment paper until it’s about 1/2cm thick. Sprinkle the dough with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Using the parchment paper, start rolling the dough by lifting the paper and folding the dough.
- Cut the rolled dough into 2cm thing rolls and place them together in a baking pan. Make sure the pan is sprayed with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the rolls in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Once golden I like to drizzle them will a dash of dairy free milk to keep them moist. You can also use a glaze with melted coconut butter or thickened coconut cream.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow for more recipes like this. Thank you so much for reading xoxo.
It’s healthy and it’s dairy, gluten and nut free! A new recipe and a personal favorite of mine. This recipe makes one large cookie or four small cookies, either way you can adjust the recipe to your serving size.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flour (I used neofoods’ gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (depending on which brand you use; some are made with almond milk or soy milk, so make sure to find out)
- Add the egg, coconut oil, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add a pinch of salt and the baking powder and stir again, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or dust it with some flour. Spread out your cookie dough evenly onto the tray. (Tip: wet your hands or spatula to spread out the dough to prevent any sticking).
- Bake for 10-15 mins on 180 degrees Celsius or until slightly golden brown.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Calories: 400 – this may differ depending on which flour and chocolate chips you’re using.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow and like for more posts like this. xoxo
A quick and simple breakfast idea for when you need a healthy but delicious fix. This is one of my personal faves and it’s gluten and dairy free!
- 1 banana (medium sized)
- 1 egg (whole)
- vanilla extract & cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut oil (100% pure, virgin)
- Mash the banana with a fork or in a blender & (optional) add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add in the egg and mix well, making sure there are no lumps. (Tip: you want a slightly thicker consistency).
- Heat up your pan and brush it with around half a tsp of coconut oil.
- Turn your flame down to low and pour the batter in. ( Tip: it’s better to cook it on a low flame so that it cooks evenly).
- Once finished, you can top it with anything you like; blueberries, strawberries, honey or even coconut flakes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know by giving this post a like and follow for more recipes! Xoxo.
Gluten Free! Dairy Free! Low Calorie!
An quick recipe that you can alter to your preference. I love this recipe because it’s guilt free, delicious and easy to make.
- 2 cups Rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Raisins or Dairy free chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas and fold into the oats. You want your mixture to be thick enough to roll into balls, if it’s crumbling you probably need to add more banana.
- Fold in raisins or chocolate chips. (Optional) add vanilla bean extract or cinnamon to taste.
- Roll out your cookie dough balls and press onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake for about 5 to 10mins at 180°C or until they harden and are slightly browned.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know by liking or sharing this post! xoxo