This smoothie is a great detox breakfast or snack, packed with antioxidants and a high content of chlorophyll (green pigment in the leaves) which cleanses the body of toxins. The green apples have a high fibre content, keeping you satisfied for longer and the mint not only adds flavour to the smoothie, but is also rich in nutrients such as; vitamin A, iron and manganese. In other words, this smoothie is just the energy boost you need in the morning, but without the crash.
- 1 large green apple
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder (unsweetened)
- a few mint leaves
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 4-5 stevia drops (or any sweetener of choice)
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender, add some ice and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and please leave a comment below if you try it out, xoxo.
These are seriously some of the best cookies I have ever made. I’ve mentioned before that I am allergic to nuts, but lately I’ve been experimenting with almond milk and I haven’t had any bad reactions to it, so I decided to try almond flour. Best. Decision, Ever.
These cookie are soft, chewy and taste amazing! The great thing is they are gluten free, dairy free and super healthy. Read below to find out how to make them yourself and if some of the ingredients don’t work out for you, don’t worry I have some substitutes.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg (or flaxseed egg)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or maple syrup)
- Add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the egg, coconut oil, and vanilla and fold the ingredients together using a spatula.
- Line a tray with baking paper and use your hands or a spoon to scoop the dough. Tip: the dough will be more sticky and runny that regular dough, so I wet my hands with very little water before rolling and pressing the cookie dough. This prevents it from sticking onto your hands.
- Bake them in the oven at 180ºC for around 10 mins (check on them regularly as they do bake fast).
- Sprinkle them with some more coconut sugar and cinnamon and enjoy.
This is just the base recipe, I have also tried other variations. You can add raw cocoa powder, vegan chocolate chips or dried fruit to make your own version. Another delicious combination would be lemon zest and ginger. I hope you all enjoy this recipe and do let me know if you try them out.