I’ve tried to make healthy hot chocolate multiple times but never got the recipe right, from it being too sweet to having a powdery after taste. However my many trial and errors finally led to the perfect mug of cocoa and the best part is that it’s super easy to make, you don’t need a frother or any special ingredient.
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1/4 tsp vanilla paste)
- 1tsp honey (or agave syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups of milk ( I used almond, you can use any plant-based milk as well)
- Pour 1 1/4 cup milk in a blender and let it blend while you prep the chocolate
- Mix 1/4 milk, cacao, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk the chocolate over low heat until it starts to thicken.
- Turn off the heat when the cacao is creamy and whisk in the frothed milk.
- Top with cinnamon or cacao powder.
There it is! The easiest, perfect hot chocolate recipe. You can definitely make this recipe vegan if you like by switching out the honey. I hope you try it out and follow for more recipes like this one. Thank you for reading xoxo.