Hey guys, welcome back to the blog, in this post I’m sharing a quick recipe for a gluten free fruit cake or loaf. This was pretty easy to make and should work with many adaptations so feel free to tweak it to your tastes. I am still experimenting with different flavours and ingredient combinations and I will be sharing those as well. If you have any gluten, dairy free recipes you’d like to see, please let me know down in the comments. So let’s get right into it…
- 2 cups gf flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar/ erythritol sugar substitute
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fruit mix (raisins, dried orange)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup seeds/nuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice & zest
- Combine the flours, sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Then whisk the eggs and milk together and combine with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- You may need to adjust the flour/milk ratio depending on the type of gluten free you’re using. I used a local blend but you will want a thick cake batter texture.
- Fold in the fruit into the batter and pour into your mould, you can also add extra nuts/seeds as toppings toppings, I usually add pumpkin seeds.
- Bake at 180ºC for 20-25 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
You can store this up to two weeks in the fridge, I usually leave the loaf whole and cut it when serving. This recipe and other variations will be available in the ebook where I will share more tips on healthy gluten and dairy free baking. Thank you for reading, I hope you try out this recipe and please like and follow for more quick recipes xoxo.
Check out my recipe for cinnamon muffins!