It’s healthy and it’s dairy, gluten and nut free! A new recipe and a personal favorite of mine. This recipe makes one large cookie or four small cookies, either way you can adjust the recipe to your serving size.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of gluten free flour (I used neofoods’ gluten free all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate chips (depending on which brand you use; some are made with almond milk or soy milk, so make sure to find out)
- Add the egg, coconut oil, flour, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix well.
- Then add a pinch of salt and the baking powder and stir again, making sure there are no lumps.
- Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or dust it with some flour. Spread out your cookie dough evenly onto the tray. (Tip: wet your hands or spatula to spread out the dough to prevent any sticking).
- Bake for 10-15 mins on 180 degrees Celsius or until slightly golden brown.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Calories: 400 – this may differ depending on which flour and chocolate chips you’re using.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, follow and like for more posts like this. xoxo
A quick and simple breakfast idea for when you need a healthy but delicious fix. This is one of my personal faves and it’s gluten and dairy free!
- 1 banana (medium sized)
- 1 egg (whole)
- vanilla extract & cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut oil (100% pure, virgin)
- Mash the banana with a fork or in a blender & (optional) add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add in the egg and mix well, making sure there are no lumps. (Tip: you want a slightly thicker consistency).
- Heat up your pan and brush it with around half a tsp of coconut oil.
- Turn your flame down to low and pour the batter in. ( Tip: it’s better to cook it on a low flame so that it cooks evenly).
- Once finished, you can top it with anything you like; blueberries, strawberries, honey or even coconut flakes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Let me know by giving this post a like and follow for more recipes! Xoxo.
A body detox not only helps to heal the body but the skin and mind as well. Sometimes our bodies need a break and our digestive system needs time to heal and a detox is a great way to do that. To be able to complete a detox we need to focus more on the benefits and the foods we get to eat rather than the foods we are depriving ourselves of. By trying this 7-day detox, you can get a feel of how turning to a healthy lifestyle can make your body feel. You can decide to keep practicing some of these habits if you wish, however make sure you are taking in enough calories for you body type and not over exercising. Be sure to never fall into the extreme side, don’t deprive your body.
So here are some of the benefits of this detox:
- Removes toxins from the body
- Improves skin health and mental well-being
- Heals the gut and improves digestion
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces feeling of tiredness
Foods and Drinks That Aid in Detox:
- Lemon water with mint
- Green Tea
- Chia seeds
- Citrus fruits
- sunflower or pumpkin seeds
Foods To Avoid:
- Sugar/ soft drinks
- Any processed foods
- Reduce coffee intake
- Red Meat
- Any sauces
- Unhealthy oils (opt for olive, coconut, and avocado)
HABITS for this week:
- Exercise everyday for this week- mild exercising as you may be reducing your calorie intake.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day- dehydration is a major cause of sluggishness.
- Try some mindful reading, anything from a self care book to daily sayings.
- Obtain at least 7-8hrs of sleep– to let your mind and body recuperate.
- Avoid eating carbohydrates after 6pm- your body won’t be using up the energy at night and it will be stored as fat..
- Wake up early everyday- to stimulate your brain and get a head start on your day.
- Have either lemon water, green tea or any unsweetened herbal tea.
- Organize your life- be it your work space, closet or schedule, it’s time to start picking up the pieces. It will help clear you mind and you’ll be able to focus more on yourself.
- Kill the stress– do something that relaxes you; it can be working out, painting, hanging out with friends or enjoying some alone time. Dedicate this week to yourself.
- Journaling– write down anything you like into a journal or diary, you thoughts, emotions, how you feel physically or even your diet plan. There’s something calming about writing that typing just can’t compare with, so give it a try in these 7 days, remember we’re detoxing the mind as well.
After completing the detox week successfully, you should feel an improvement in your skin, mental alertness and physical health. It is your choice if you want to continue the detox for a longer period. I have implemented most of the habits into my lifestyle, however there are some that I struggle with, which is completely fine. You cannot change things overnight, gradually implement these changes with time as you see fit. I hope this has helped you in any way possible, to strive towards a healthier lifestyle, it may not be the easiest process, but it has the best results.
Leave me a comment or follow my blog for more tips. xoxo
Gluten Free! Dairy Free! Low Calorie!
An quick recipe that you can alter to your preference. I love this recipe because it’s guilt free, delicious and easy to make.
- 2 cups Rolled oats (gluten free)
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Raisins or Dairy free chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas and fold into the oats. You want your mixture to be thick enough to roll into balls, if it’s crumbling you probably need to add more banana.
- Fold in raisins or chocolate chips. (Optional) add vanilla bean extract or cinnamon to taste.
- Roll out your cookie dough balls and press onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake for about 5 to 10mins at 180°C or until they harden and are slightly browned.
- Let them cool down and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know by liking or sharing this post! xoxo
A quick and easy breakfast idea that you can make the night before. This is my go to, as it saves time and is super delicious! I love it because it is filling and the best part is there’s no cooking! You can adjust the recipe to your taste, here are the basic ingredients:
- Old fashioned rolled oats (I use gluten free oats)
- Yogurt or milk (any type you prefer; normal, rice or any nut milk)
- Chia seeds
Benefits: Oats are very nutritious as they are a good source of carbs and fibre , they are a healthy breakfast choice for weight loss and they are full of antioxidants.
Chia seeds are also high in fibre and antioxidants and they are great for your digestive health. They also boost your energy and metabolism, contributing to weight loss.
Plus toppings are a great way to sneak fruits into your diet!
Vanilla, blueberry and cinnamon oats:
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk (I prefer unsweetened rice milk)
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- Your choice of sweetener (I prefer to add raisins)
Directions: Just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight.
Chocolate and banana oats
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- Your choice of sweetener
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
Directions: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl or a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight. Top it with sliced bananas and enjoy!
You can literally garnish your overnight oats with anything you want; nuts, coconut flakes, berries or any fruit of choice. Have fun with it and create your own version! I hope you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment and like. Xoxo.
Here are some habits and tips to help you lead a healthier life. I’ve learned these myself and though I’ve struggled with a few, I can say they definitely have a positive effect on the mind and body.
- Drink lemon water this is before you have breakfast. It helps to regulate blood sugar levels, it aids in digestion, removes toxins from the body, improve skin condition and it promotes weight loss.
- Get more sleep I’m sure you’ve heard it before and it’s the most difficult one for me. However, little sleep actually leads to weight gain, it’s detrimental to our health and it causes dark circles and bags under our eyes, so make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep.
- Drink green tea this also regulates blood sugar levels and helps with weight loss. Drinking up to 3 cups burns around 70 calories. You can drink a cup after every meal to help you lose weight.
- Add fruit to at least one of your meals this also helps to lose weight and boost your metabolism. I usually add fruit to my breakfast or dinner. You will feel more energized throughout the day.
- Getting more fresh air it helps strengthen your immune system, helps you feel more peaceful and can make you happier. Try going out for a walk away from the busy city, where there is more greenery or maybe you can go to the beach.
- Taking up new hobbies this helps to reduces stress and takes your mind away from any negative thoughts. It also gives you an opportunity to express yourself. You can try learning an instrument, reading, art, a sport activity, cooking or dancing. There are so many possibilities and you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.
- Use extra virgin olive oil for cooking. It is high in antioxidants and is a healthy fat, therefore it does not cause weight gain.
- Regular exercise this is an obvious tip, but sometimes it is hard to keep up with. The key is finding the best activity for you, the one you enjoy the most. I really enjoy Pilates, you can also try swimming, working out at the gym or a new sport. It’s important to have a workout schedule and to dedicate time to working towards a healthy body.
- Incorporating more vegetables into your meals this is an important step to achieving a healthy balanced diet. When having a meal, make sure at least half of your plate is filled with vegetables.
- Purge all junk food and sugary drinks from your home this may be hard to come to terms with, but bags of chips and soft drinks aren’t doing you any favors. They actually slow down your metabolism and hinder weight loss. Don’t worry you won’t go hungry, there are many alternatives to unhealthy snacks and I will share my favorites in my other posts.
I hope these tips helped you and know that there is much more to come. Please leave a comment and follow for more posts. Xoxo.