Hey guys, it’s been a hot minute! But, I’ve got a good one for you. Lemon olive oil Cookies! So, it was the end of the week and I didn’t have that many ingredients left but I still wanted to bake something sweet and easy. Then it hit me, I’ve been seeing olive oil cookies all over my for you page and I finally decided to give them a try. They always looked so good, soft on the inside with a crinkle outside and they’re dairy free. But these cookies have a twist, they’re not only dairy free, they are also gluten and sugar free. I also added lemon because it pairs great and really enhances the flavour. If you want you can drizzle them with icing or sprinkle on some white sugar. I went with flaky sea salt, my go-to for all my cookies, because I like the added kick of salt. So, let’s get into it.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used freee gluten free flour)
- 2 tbsp sugar free brown sugar (I used Truvia soft brown sugar)
- 3tbsp sugar free white sugar (I used Truvia’s white sugar)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp flaky salt
- lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the olive oil and sugar to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and give it a quick mix.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. This is an important step to get rid of any lumps and avoid over-mixing.
- Use a spatula to fold in the flour gently.
- Line a tray with baking paper, scoop out the dough evenly into balls and flatten them slightly on the lined tray.
- Bake at 160ºC (with fan) for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool and sprinkle with some flaky salt.
There you have it! If you try these out, let me know what you think down in the comments. This is a great recipe to try out because you most likely already have these ingredients in your kitchen. I hope you enjoy this one and come back for more gluten and dairy free recipes, xoxo.