This simple recipe stemmed from my love of coffee and smoothies, it is vegan and gluten free. The flavour was exactly what I wanted, so if you’re tired of your usual smoothies and need a caffeine kick, give this a try. It can be a breakfast, snack or a pre-workout meal in my case, the best part is you can modify it by adding any vanilla protein powder you like.
I like adding cacao nibs and chia seeds at the end of making my smoothie because it adds fibre and nutrients, but also because I enjoy the texture. If simply drinking a smoothie is fine for you then you can omit this last step, but personally like the crunch.
- 1 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 2 tsp instant coffee or 1 shot of espresso
- 1 tsp cacao nibs or cacao powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2-1 Scoop protein powder (I used Organifi’s Vanilla)
- Blend frozen bananas, coffee, almond milk, protein powder and cacao nibs in a powerful blender. (I used my nutribullet)
- Pulse your blender if needed.
- Pour in a glass and mix in the chia seeds.
I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, thank you for reading. Feel free to like and follow for more recipes like this one, xoxo.