Dalgona Coffee is taking over the internet and lockdown by popping up everywhere on instagram and youtube. The bitter-sweet drink originated from South Korea, named by its similarity to the Korean sugar sweet, Dalgona, without actually containing any. The ratio for this drink is pretty exact, usually containing sugar, I found that a healthy substitute worked just fine. The reason we use instant coffee, is that it creates the foamy topping due to its drying process and the best part is that you don’t need a frother or hand mixer, only a whisk. After trying this a second time, I have to say I’m addicted and although it takes a bit more effort to make, it’s completely worth it.
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp erythritol/xylitol (I used Sukrin)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- Use a large bowl to add the coffee, sugar and water. The large bowl allows for more air to be whipped into the foam.
- Using a whisk, start whipping the ingredients together in circular motions, for about 10-15 mins.
- Once soft peaks have formed, your coffee cream is ready. Pour some hot or cold vanilla flavoured almond milk into a glass and spoon your coffee fluff on top.
- You can choose to sprinkle some cinnamon or cacao powder on top, but the vanilla almond milk is just enough. Gently mix the cream and milk together and you’re all done.
You can store your coffee fluff up to 1 week in the fridge in an air tight container, so it’s easy to make a batch. I hope you try this out cause it is really one of the best, thank you for reading this quick post. Please like and follow for more healthy recipes xoxo.