Cinnamon raisin bread is a flavored bread usually made with white flour and a cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle. This gluten free version is a loaf bread, sweetened with coconut sugar. It’s a play on my favorite raisin pastry as a child and it’s a must try recipe. This gluten free bread is soft and fluffy, with a buttery cinnamon flavor. Here’s how you can make it…
Which flours work best?
For this recipe you don’t need any complex flour blends, any all purpose gluten free flour should work well. I’ve tried it with multiple all purpose flours and they all work well, but it’s best to opt for one with xanthum gum. Also try to avoid blends that are heavy with bean flours because I find it adds an aftertaste to bread and pastries.
- 500g gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 300ml water
- 3tbsp softened butter
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- Sift flour, baking powder, instant yeast, coconut sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Add in the eggs, milk, water, vinegar, butter and oil and mix until well incorporated. I used a hand mixer for this to ensure no lumps remained.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and fold in the raisins.
- Transfer the dough into a lined baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for 45mins to 1hr.
- Bake at 200ºC for 45 mins until the top turns golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Best served warm with a drizzle of almond butter.
Thank you for joining on today’s post, I hope you try out the recipe and let me know what you think. Please like and follow for more gluten free recipes like this one, xoxo.