This smoothie is a great detox breakfast or snack, packed with antioxidants and a high content of chlorophyll (green pigment in the leaves) which cleanses the body of toxins. The green apples have a high fibre content, keeping you satisfied for longer and the mint not only adds flavour to the smoothie, but is also rich in nutrients such as; vitamin A, iron and manganese. In other words, this smoothie is just the energy boost you need in the morning, but without the crash.
- 1 large green apple
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder (unsweetened)
- a few mint leaves
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 4-5 stevia drops (or any sweetener of choice)
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender, add some ice and enjoy!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and please leave a comment below if you try it out, xoxo.
This refreshing smoothie bowl is a great breakfast idea and the best part is that it’s vegan and has plenty of nutritional benefits.
Pineapple- has both digestive and anti-inflammatory benefits
Coconut milk- is a healthy fat and is high in vitamin C and many more. (Plus it makes smoothies creamy and delicious!)
Banana- has a high fiber content and is loaded with nutrients such as potassium (plus it’s a great sweetener!)
Chia seeds- are packed with antioxidants and their high fiber and protein content makes them ideal for weight loss.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Ice cubes
- Pour your coconut milk into your blender first, then add all your fruit and ice.
- Blend into a smooth consistency and serve topped with chia seeds, a drizzle of coconut milk and your choice of frozen fruit.
You can also add any other fruits you’d like to this simple recipe. One of my favorite combinations are frozen blueberries, banana and lemon zest (it tastes just like a blueberry muffin!) I hope you enjoyed this recipe, please like and follow for more. Thank you for reading xoxo.