I haven’t always been a fan of green juices, mostly because it’s an acquired taste, but lately I’ve been giving it a try because I feel like my digestive system needed a boost. The best thing about a detox juice is that it has all the benefits blended into one. It’s simple and quick, but my issue has always been the high folate levels in green juices; folate is found in spinach and avocado, and it doesn’t always agree with me.
So the recipe below is a green juice for beginners, you don’t just jump onto the green juice frenzy, you ease into it.
- 1 small green apple
- 50 grams of sliced cucumber (or a handful)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp matcha powder (unsweetened)
- 1-2 cups of water
Tip: pass the juice through a strainer.
Other Ingredients you can add or substitute with:
- apple cider vinegar
The possibilities of a green juice are endless and effective if you need a cleanse for either weight loss or detox. The juice is one I make in the morning and before breakfast, I don’t usually have it every day, but if you’re trying out a detox week then this would be a good idea.
I hope you try it out and if you do please leave me a comment. Follow for more posts like this one and thank you for reading, xoxo.
Lately I’ve been feeling out of sorts, my afternoon dip has worsened, I find it hard to concentrate and I feel sick after meals. Especially after my birthday weekend, with all the cake and indulgent eating, I think it’s time for a week of detox. This is to repair my gut, increase my energy and boost my metabolism. Throughout this week I will be sharing my plan to re-stabilise my body and flush out the toxins (giving you all advice and keeping myself in check at the same time). Keep in mind that you should not take any drastic steps in your diet or workout without consulting your doctor first, you don’t want to consume too few calories or work your body into burnout. So here is my guide for the week ahead.
Things to avoid:
- Sugar (no more cake)
- Gluten (this might be harder for some of you, but try and give it your best shot)
- Coffee (I know it hurts)
- Processed foods
Things to enjoy:
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk
- Herbal teas
- Water (a lot of it)
IN A TIPICAL DETOX DAY…
- Drink water as soon as you wake up
- Workout for 30-60mins
- Drink lemon water before breakfast
- Have a smoothie for breakfast
- Drink more water
- Switch coffee for some green tea
- Have a clean lunch; this can be a soup, salad, quinoa and veggies with chicken…
- You guessed it, more water
- Dinner: keep it light
- Water, water, water!
- Intermittent fasting can be an additional boost to detox your gut
- Get 7-8 hrs of sleep
- Practice mindfulness for at least 10 mins
- You can keep meat/poultry in your diet for protein if you like or you can leave it out
- Exercising shouldn’t be taxing on your body, don’t overdo it
- Chia seeds? They cleanse the gut, removing toxins and they keep you satisfied for longer.
- Water? Most of the time our cells are screaming for water and we’re too busy to notice. Water literally will flush out toxins and it’s also necessary for bowel movement (yeah, I just had to go there).
- Coffee? Let’s make this simple, it gets you high but you’ll eventually crash and you will crash hard. Why don’t we take a break from the adenosine attack.
I hope you all got something from this post, follow for more like this to come. Thank you for reading, xoxo.